ZSNES on Mac OS X
ZSNES is a cross-platform (well, cross-OS, since it's written in assembly - so x86 only) Super Nintendo emulator.
Since it can be compiled for Linux, it stands to reason it can be compiled for Mac OS X.
And it can.
Sadly, this is not without issues:
But it is playable.
I have yet to try using a gamepad or anything like that.
- Navigating the Mac OS X menu freezes ZSNES.
- There's random audio garbage when it first starts up.
- Entering/exiting fullscreen messes up the palette (see picture above).
- Horrible things happen when changing the video mode.
- ZSNES eats all keyboard events, so keyboard shortcuts (like ⌘Q)
If you want to try it out, here it is. This is a modified version of ZSNES, designed to work under Mac OS X 10.6 - which means you can drag ROMs onto it.
Note that it's only compiled for Mac OS X 10.6 - I don't have a Mac with 10.5 to test on, so right now, it's 10.6 only.