I've also learned enough about the XPCOM string library to successfully create native strings, so that's cool too.
I've also added a new "topic" for FireTorrent, so if you want an RSS feed for FireTorrent information, you can head over to that category and grab the XML feed link on the bottom.
Only problem is that it pegs out the CPU at around 100% and is markedly slower than it should be. (Maxed out at 30KB/s over loopback...)
Which means I missed the Extend Firefox contest. Fooey.
However, now I'm moving on from the, uh, "test implementation" to an implementation written in C++ using XPCOM. Hopefully that'll be capable of creating a working BitTorrent client that doesn't peg the CPU and downloads at a sane speed.