Characters That Should Be In The Next Smash Bros.
Submitted by Xenoveritas on Wed, 2008-03-19 17:09
No, Nintendo has not announced that there will be another Smash Bros. - in fact, they've come closest to announcing the opposite.
However, it's still fun to think of characters that should be in the next Smash Bros.. The rules here are fairly simple: the character must have appeared on a Nintendo console as a major character. That's it: the character need not be a Nintendo character, and in fact, by now, probably shouldn't be since Nintendo has kind of hit the bottom of the barrel when it comes to new characters.
- Amaterasu (Ōkami)
- The wolf god with celestial brush powers. Recovery move would have to be Greenspout Vine.
- Waka (Ōkami)
- As a secret character, of course.
- I mean, come on. Throw in Roll as an assist trophy, and combine with Rush for the Final Smash.
- Megaman X
- If we're going to throw in Megaman, we might as well have his older brother, X. I'm not sure that X should really be another character, though.
- Zero (Megaman X)
- But Zero would also work really well as a Smash character.
- Cecil (Final Fantasy IV)
- First a Dark Knight, then a Paladin. I'd say his Paladin form should make it into the game.
- Cain (Final Fantasy IV)
- The Dragoon from Final Fantasy IV.
- Sora (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories)
- Sora was on a Nintendo platform. Technically. His Final Smash would have to be Final Form.
I'm sure I'll add more later, but those are the ones I've thought of so far.
Super Smash Bros. Reply
I thin Cloud would be an awesome character instead of ike.
Sora would also be a really cool character. The sora/roxas combination could be the replacement for marth/ike.
Chain of Memories sneaks in quite a few characters, huh?
I guess Cloud can count, because he did appear in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA, didn't he?
There are quite a few characters that can sneak in through that game.
Mega Man would be too much of a Samus clone, unless he has the ability to copy a defeated enemy's neutral-B like Kirby.
I once thought Bomberman might be too much of a Link clone. But now that I've played Brawl, it'd be more like a Snake clone, and now that Konami owns Hudson Soft, that seems ever more likely.
I think they should beef up all included 'franchises' that only have one character represented.
The Polar Bear from Ice Climbers (complete with swimming trunks)
Robotnik, Knuckles and maybe Tails from Sonic
Grey Wolf and one of the cooler baddies (Ocelet?) from Metal Gear.
Add Metroid and F-Zero bounty hunters into the mix, and you've got a pretty solid line-up.
ROB really should have been an assist trophy instead of an actual character. Sigh.
They should add Dark Samus,(Metroid Prime 2 & 3) TMNT, Krystle(Star Fox) and Master Chief (Halo)