This is simply a list of old Thought for the Moments from the box on the right side of the page.
- Bittersweet chocolate is more bitter than sweet.
- Someone should create an electric powered ice cream scoop.
- We should burn spammers as a renewable source of energy.
- Internet Explorer was originally created as a punishment in Hell for the hubris of the Netscape developers, until Bill Gates bought it from Beelzebub and released its blight upon the world.
(Or: What CSS rule is IE interpreting as "draw random sections of this block?!")
- Where did the Tao master in Okami get a computer with holographic displays in medieval Japan?
- enterprise, adj. - unnecessarily difficult to use. E.g., Saving the file in this enterprise software only requires five distinct steps!
- Coffee makers work a lot better when you put water in them.
- There should be a law requiring drivers to use turn signals. Wait...
- Always check to make sure you have cream before brewing coffee.
- It seems that I have the attention span of
- After using an iPod on an airplane, always make sure to check the volume level before playing anything.
- Commenting code in HTML <em>may</em> be one of the first signs of insanity.
- U2 immediately followed by Phoenix Wright. Gotta love the iPod's shuffle feature!
- The only thing worse than flaky and buggy software is flaky and buggy software that you wrote.
- If I have to use the Wikipedia to figure out what something does, your FAQ is insufficient.
My lawyer's badge clearly contradicts the witness's testimony!
- It's amazing how much planets in both the Milky Way and the Pegasus Galaxies look like forests in Vancouver.
- Use the A Button to talk to someone, or beat them senseless. It's all the same.
- I wonder what the term is for those moments in the Ace Attorney games where you give a correct answer and the characters respond by running with it straight into crazy-town.
- There's something ironic about watching an ad for satellite HDTV service in HD over cable.
- Now 20% less likely to cause kernel panics!
- Being a geek is taking four hours to write a program that enables you to discover that, yes, adding a single word to the original program does, indeed, fix the bug. Something that could have been done and tested in ten minutes.
- Well, it didn't crash, per se...
- Next on MythBusters, they test the myth that it's smart to stand downwind from the giant fireball they're attempting to create...
/usr/share/dict/wordsdoes not count as cheating at Scrabble™...
- “We’re going to have a couple more episodes of weather through this upcoming week...” – WFXT Boston (Fox 25) Meteorologist
I’d rather hope we’d have “weather” the upcoming week...
- TV shows are hard to follow when you don’t bother actually watching them.
- I intend to replace this block with contents from my Twitter feed.