Random Musing: Sephiroth as Smash Bros. Character
I do want to start off by saying that I'm not really saying this would be a good idea. But the idea of being able to beat the stupid out of Yoshi with Sephiroth is just too good an idea to pass up.
|Sephiroth's Special Moves|
|Standard Special Move||Draw Slash|
|Side Special Move||Octaslash|
|Up Special Move||Heartless Angel|
|Down Special Move||Counter|
Descriptions after the jump.
- Draw Slash (Standard Special Move)
- Sephiroth sheathes his sword and charges, eventually releasing a lightning quick battōjutsu attack.
- Octaslash (Side Special Move)
- An eight-strike combo attack.
- Heartless Angel (Up Special Move)
- Sephiroth slowly rises into the air, while saying "descend, Heartless Angel." If hit before he completes the incantation, the attack fails and nothing happens. On the other hand, if he hits the top, a few seconds later all opponents will find themselves at 999% damage or 1HP, depending on match type.
- Counter (Down Special Move)
- It's a counter-attack, just like Marth and Ike. Sephiroth's Masamune has quite a bit more reach than their swords, though...
- Meteor (Final Smash)
- Using the power of the Black Materia, Sephiroth summons a Meteor to destroy everything. The Meteor strikes everyone, dealing large amounts of damage. Oddly enough, the stage remains intact.
I should mention that while Heartless Angel sounds really cheap in this writeup, my intention is that it actually be mostly worthless. Since he'd only slowly rise over something like 5-10 seconds and be completely defenseless during that time, it would make an awful recovery move. It should also give other players ample time to smack him, canceling the move. For the most part, it's supposed to be useless.
However I have a feeling that if it were ever attempted, it would prove to be overpowering and have to be replaced with something else. Which is too bad, because it should be there.
That and I can't really come up with anything to replace it as a recovery move. I suppose he could do something with his one wing.
So anyway, random musings on how to implement Sephiroth as a Smash Bros. character.